Manchester United's Park Ji-Sung declines South Korean 2012 London Olympics invitation


The 31-year-old midfielder retired from national team duties after the 2011 Asian Cup but had been offered the chance to be one of his nation's three 'over-age' players in London

Manchester United's former South Korea international Park Ji-Sung has declined an invitation to be part of the Taeguk Warriors' 2012 London Olympics squad claiming he wants to focus on club duties.

The 31-year-old midfielder, who retired from the Korean national team after the 2011 Asian Cup, had been offered the chance to be one of the Olympic team's three 'over-age' players  in London.

However, Park told Hungarian Nemzeti Sport that his international career was over and he preferred to focus on club duties, including helping Manchester United clinch this season's Premier League title.

"I was called but I had to say no. I know how it is like at the Olympics because I was involved in Sydney," Park said.

"I have also played in three World Cup finals and my best memory was the tournament in Japan and South Korea in 2002. Few could have thought that we could get to the semi-finals.

"I have 100 caps, but this period of my life is over for me. I want to concentrate on my club from now on.

"This is my seventh year at Old Trafford. I won four titles but I want to win the Premier League this year more than ever."

According to The Chosun Ilbo, Taeguk Warriors coach Hong Myung-Bo wants to use one of his 'over-age' allocation for a midfielder, with Park his first choice.

Korea secured their place at the 2012 London Olympics after finishing top of Group A through Asian qualifying.

Live Stream Channel:

Real Madrid vs Sporting Gijon Live Stream Free Online

Levante vs Barcelona Live Stream Free Online

Norwich City vs Man City Live Stream Free Online

Schalke vs Borussia Dortmund Live Stream Free Online

Liverpool vs Everton Live Stream Free Online

Tottenham vs Chelsea Live Stream Free Online

Arsenal vs Wigan Live Stream Free Online

Man Utd vs Aston Villa Live Stream Free Online

 
Theme by Yusuf Fikri