Carroll delighted after avenging Cup loss


Liverpool striker Andy Carroll was thrilled with his performance in the Reds' 4-1 win over Chelsea in the Premier League on Tuesday.

After a fine cameo in Saturday's FA Cup final loss to the Blues, the forward was on form again in the comprehensive victory at Anfield, despite not finding the back of the net.

"I've been through a lot, I think, and coming out at the end of it with a few good performances has been great for me," Carroll told Sky Sports.

"I thought I was a little bit unlucky (not to score) but we're happy with the win. We had four different goalscorers so we're delighted with that.

"It's important that we go out to win all the time. In the last game (at Anfield this season) it means a lot to us and the fans, to leave this season and start the next (well)."

The result keeps Liverpool in with a chance of seizing seventh place but Carroll said they are capable of better next term.

"I think we've played quite well throughout the season and just haven’t got the results," he said.

"But we need to put that right and just keep playing the way that we know we can, because we've got some brilliant players."

Midfielder Jordan Henderson scored the game's second goal, his first since August, and was delighted to break his drought.

"It's been a while," Henderson said.

"I like to score as many as I can but I need to do it on a more regular basis, so I'll just keep working and hopefully I can do that."

Asked if the victory represented one of the best days of the season at Anfield, he replied: "It was probably one of them. We played well for 90 minutes so we're over the moon with the performance and result.

"Maybe there was a little bit of revenge but we were just concentrating on the game.

"I've learned a lot since I've been here so hopefully it'll give us confidence going into the next season."

Live Stream Channel:

Real Madrid vs Sporting Gijon Live Stream Free Online

Levante vs Barcelona Live Stream Free Online

Norwich City vs Man City Live Stream Free Online

Schalke vs Borussia Dortmund Live Stream Free Online

Liverpool vs Everton Live Stream Free Online

Tottenham vs Chelsea Live Stream Free Online

Arsenal vs Wigan Live Stream Free Online

Man Utd vs Aston Villa Live Stream Free Online

 
Theme by Yusuf Fikri